I worked as a dental nurse for many years in London before beginning my own therapeutic journey. This led me to train as a therapist. I undertook a three year integrative training course; enabling me to draw on different approaches. Primarily Person Centred and Psychodynamic Theories, encompassing CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
Following this, I worked for Marie Curie in a community setting, helping patients and their families cope with terminal illness and palliative care. After this, I worked in various GP practices, seeing patients referred from the doctors struggling with a huge variety of issues such as:
- Eating disorders,
- Childhood Abuse and Trauma,
- PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder),
- Low self esteem,
- Adult trauma and Domestic Violence,
I moved to Devon in 2003 and in 2010, I trained as a specialist couple counsellor with the Relate Institute where I have been working ever since. In 2016, I trained as a specialist Psycho-Sexual Therapist which I continue with Relate and also privately. This training enables me to work effectively with sexual dysfunctions and difficulties such as:
- Erectile dysfunction,
- Loss of libido,
- Premature ejactulation,
- Menopausal issues,
- Delayed ejaculation and
- Anorgasmia (inability to orgasm),
Sexual therapy is a very different process to general therapy. Based in the CBT theory, it works with the Sensate Focus Programme; pioneered by Masters and Johnson in the 1950s and 60s. It is a very well proven process with treatment programmes that are highly effective, with the possibility of instigating major improvements in your sex life, regardless of gender and / or sexual orientation.
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- Working with Mental health issues Course (Relate)
- Domestic Violence Course
- Advanced University Diploma in Couple Therapy
- Postgraduate certificate in Psychosexual therapy
- Divorce and how to help young people to cope
- Working with LGBTQ.
- Suicide Awareness training
- Dissociative Identity disorder.
- Working with survivors of trauma.